eknazar - desi lifestyle portal
Advertise | Contact Us
My Account | My Event Orders
  Home |  View All Questions for Ravi Lothumalla  |  Ask Expert Ravi Lothumalla

Question:Hi Ravi, My to be wife will be coming to states on H4 Visa and we are looking for the options she have in the U.S. to work/study. She has a 5 years integrated degree in Law and is a practicing lawyer in bombay. 1. Is it advisable for her to come on H4 and later get it converted to F1 if she gets offer from a good school or come on F1 directly? 2, Can she work here while she is on H4, she is willing to take any bar exams here in chicago if she is eligible. any help is much appreciated. -Puneet

Answer By Ravi Lothumalla:

Answers to your questions:
1) I would recommend her to come on H4 and get transferred to Student (F1) visa. But certain rules apply and affordability is a factor
2) She cannot work on H4. She can pursue studies and take Bar Exam that is highly recommended and the best channel too

Please reach out to me if your questions are personal with respect to how to handle the entire efforts smoothly

Ravi Lothumalla
C: 917-670-2021

Note: Answer information is posted by our users for information purposes only. EkNazar.com is not responsible for the errors/omissions or legality of the answer. Please consult the expert in that field before taking any action.
Please see our full Terms of Use.

© 2000-2018. All rights reserved eknazar.com
Legal  |   Privacy  |   Advertise   |   Contact Us