Eggless Roasted Cumin Cookies
|Submitted By: Unknown|
| Region: Indian
|| Dish: Vegetarian - Breakfast/Tiffins/Snacks
Time to Prepare: 25 Mins
• Whole Wheat Flour / All-Purpose Flour – 1 Cup
• Powdered Sugar – 1/4 Cup
• Unsalted Butter At Room Temperature – 1/4 Cup
• Salt – 1/2 Tsp
• Baking Powder – 1/2 Tsp
• Baking Soda – 1/4 Tsp
• Cumin Seeds – 1.5 Tbsp
• Milk – 2-3 Tbsp
1. Roast 1.5 tbsp cumin seeds for 1 minute or until they turn aromatic.
2. Preheat the oven to 160°C.
3. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
4. Add butter and sugar to a large bowl.
5. Beat this mixture till it becomes creamy and smooth.
6. Add flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and milk.
7. Mix well and make a dough using the hand.
8. Add roasted cumin seeds and mix well again.
9. Form a stiff dough out of this mixture. Add more milk if needed.
10. Sprinkle some flour and roll the dough to 1/4 inch thickness.
11. Cut into desired shapes using a cookie cutter.
12. Place the cookies on a prepared baking tray.
13. Bake these cookies at 160° in a pre-heated oven for 18-20 minutes or till they turn nice and crisp.
14. Remove from oven and transfer cookies on a wire rack.
15. Once at room temperature, they are ready to enjoy.
16. Serve at room temperature with a hot cup of tea/coffee.
17. You can store them in an airtight container or a cookies tin for up to 2 weeks.
These Jeera biscuits are a perfect balance of lightly sweet and mildly salty flavors. They are crispy, crunchy and perfect tea time snack.
Note: Recipe information is posted by eknazar.com users.