|Submitted By: Food|
| Region: Indian
|| Dish: Non Vegetarian - Mutton
• 1 kg Mutton
• 4 tablespoons Mustard oil
• 1-1/2 tablespoon Cumin seeds
• 3 Onions , sliced
• 2 tablespoons Garlic , finely chopped
• 2 tablespoons Ginger , finely chopped
• 1-1/2 tablespoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
• 2 tablespoons Red chilli powder
• 2 Green Chillies , chopped
• 3 Tomatoes , finely chopped
• 2 tablespoons Ghee
• 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
• Coriander leaves (Dhania) , Few sprigs, finely chopped
• Sugar , A pinch
• Salt , to taste
For garam masala
• 2 Mace
• 5 cloves Cloves
• 1 inch Cinnamon Stick
• 1 Bay leaf (tej patta)
• 3 Green cardamom
• 1 tablespoon Coriander seeds
• 1 tablespoon Cumin seeds
• 1 tablespoon Nutmeg , grated
1. To begin making the Himachali Mutton Rara recipe, In a wide pan, dry roast all the garam masala ingredients expect the nutmeg and grind them into a powder using a mixer grinder.
2. Mix nutmeg powder in this mixture and keep it aside.
3. Heat mustard oil in a heavy bottomed pan to smoking point and cumin seeds.
4. Add chopped onion, green chillies, garlic and ginger and saute for 10 minutes.
5. Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder and mix it properly. Add tomatoes,salt and sugar.
6. Let it cook for 15 to 20 minutes on medium flame till tomatoes are soft and the oil has risen to the top. Sprinkle little water.
7. Now mix mutton and let it cook for 20 to 25 minutes till it is rich and fully coated with all spices.
8. Add ghee for the flavours. Cover the pan with a lid and let the mutton cook in its own juices for about 30 to 45 minutes.
9. Half way through, sprinkle 1 big tablespoon freshly grounded garam masala.
10. Once the mutton is tender, add some chopped coriander, lime juice and serve hot.
11. Serve Himachali Mutton Rara along with hot steamed rice, phulkas or pudina tawa paratha for a perfect weekday dinner.
Himachali Rara Mutton is traditional Himachali dish which is usually prepared during special occasions. It is spicy and usually eaten with rice in Himachal areas. Prepare this spicy mutton during your house parties and impress your friends and family.
Note: Recipe information is posted by eknazar.com users.