Diabetic Recipe : Lemon Pepper Chicken
|Submitted By: Simple indian Recipe|
| Region: Indian
|| Dish: Non Vegetarian - Chicken
Chicken Breast - 2 (You can use drumsticks too)
Freshly ground pepper - 1 tblsp (or as per taste)
Lemon - 2
Salt - as needed
Oil - 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
Cilantro - handful
1. Gently scrap the zest of both the lemon and put it in a bowl.
2. Add the ginger garlic paste, salt, turmeric powder, fresh ground pepper powder, finely chopped cilantro, juice of one lemon and little oil and make a paste.
3. Make slits in few places in the chicken for the marination to get in nicely. Rub the marination paste all over the chicken and let it marinate for atleast half an hour in the fridge. Ovrenight marination would be good.
4. Transfer it to a baking dish, cover it with aluminium foil and Bake it in a 350 degree F oven for half an hour.
5. Uncover the dish, transfer the chicken to a new tray and bake it for another 10- 15 minutes to crisp up the outside. Turn the side of the chicken after 10 minutes so that all the sides get crisped up uniformly.
6. Remove it and transfer it to the serving plate. When it is still hot, add the juice of 1 whole lemon on top of the chicken.
7. Have as a meal with some pasta and some vegetables. If you make the same with small pieces of chicken, it would be a side with any rice dish too.
Note: Recipe information is posted by eknazar.com users.