Cornmeal Idli/ Dosa
|Submitted By: Simple Indian Recipe|
| Region: Indian
|| Dish: Vegetarian - Breakfast/Tiffins/Snacks
Cornmeal - 2 cups
Sour Yogurt - 2 cups
Carrot - 1 (grated)
Cilantro - handful (finely chopped)
Curry Leaves - 1 strand (finely chopped)
Water - as needed for batter
Oil- 2 tblsp
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
Channa dal- 1 tsp
1. Heat oil in a pan and splutter the mustard seeds, cumin seeds and channa dal.
2. Add the corn meal to this and roast it for few minutes. This step is optional but gives a nice nutty flavour. If you are in a hurry, skip this step.
3. Swith off and add grated carrot, chopped curry leaves, cilantro, yogurt and required salt.
4. Mix well and let this rest for 10-15 minutes.
5. Add water to bring it to the right consistency for making idlis or dosas.
6. For Idlis
- Add a pinch of baking soda to the above batter and mix nicely. Steam them in idli plates for 15 minutes.
- Add little more water to bring the water to the right consistency (similar to rava dosa batter). Spread from the outside like rava dosa.
7. Serve with coconut chutney or pudhina chutney or any other curry.
Note: Recipe information is posted by eknazar.com users.