|Submitted By: Simple Indian Recipe|
| Region: Indian
|| Dish: Vegetarian - Desserts
Semolina (Rava) - 1 cup
Mango Pulp - 1.5 cup (store bought or home made)
Ghee - 1/2 cup - 1 cup (add according to your health condition and taste)
Sugar - 1 cup (add more if you like it sweeter)
Water - 2.5 cup
Cardamom Powder - 1/2 tsp
Cashews - 1 tblsp
Salt - a pinch
Kesari powder (Orange food colour) - a pinch (optional)
1. Heat 1 tblsp ghee in a heavy bottomed pan and roast the rava till it turns light brown. Do not burn it. You can also use store bought roasted rava.
2. Remove the rava from the pan. Add another tblsp of ghee and fry the cashews till it turns golden brown. Remove it.
3. Add water to the same pan and bring it to a boil.
4. Add the sugar, salt, mango pulp and kesari powder to the water.
5. Slowly add the roasted rava while constantly stirring.
6. Reduce the flame to a simmer. Cover and let it cook for about 5 minutes.
7. Add the ghee little by little and keep mixing till the whole things forms a shiny mass and does not stick to the pan.
8. Add the cardamom powder and roasted cashews and switch off.
Delicious mouth watering mango kesari is ready to serve.
- When you are making for a big group this method might be easier. Mix all the above ingredients in a baking dish. Bake it in a 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes.
You can also make pineapple kesari, strawberry kesari and banana kesari in the same way.
Note: Recipe information is posted by eknazar.com users.