Eggless Fingermillet Cookies
|Submitted By: Simple Indian recipe.|
| Region: Indian
|| Dish: Vegetarian - Breakfast/Tiffins/Snacks
Ragi Flour - 2 cups
Sugar - 3/4 cup (powdered)
Dalda/Butter/Ghee - 1 cup (soft and at room temperature)
Cardomon - 2 pods (crushed/powdered)
Baking Soda - 1 tsp
Salt - a pinch
1. Dry roast the ragi flour for about 10 minutes until a nice aroma comes out. Do this on a very low flame to prevent the ragi from getting burnt.
2. Add sugar, butter/ghee, baking soda and crushed cardomon to this and mix well.
3. The moisture from the butter/ghee would be sufficient to make the dough. Add more butter if needed.
4. Make small lemon sized balls out of the dough and line it in a cookie sheet/ baking tray. You could also flatten the dough and cut out different cookie shapes using a cookie cutter.
Note : - Grease the cookie sheet with oil or line it with parchment papare to prevent cookies from sticking to it.
- The balls should be of uniform size to enable uniform cooking.
- Leave enough space between the balls to give them sufficient space for expansion. They will double in size while baking.
- You could press in some sliced nuts on top (like cashews, almonds or pistacios) to make it more rich.
5. Bake it in a 300 degree F (150 C) oven for about 12-15 minutes.
6. This can be stored for many weeks and served as a snack or given as a festival sweet.
Note: Recipe information is posted by eknazar.com users.