|Submitted By: Simple Indian recipe|
| Region: Indian
|| Dish: Vegetarian - Curries
Time to Prepare: 15 mins
Beetroot - 1 big (chopped or grated)
Grated coconut - 3 tblsp
Sambhar Powder (or Red Chilly Powder) - 1 tsp
Salt - to taste
Oil - 1 tblsp
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Urad dal - 1 tsp
Dry Red Chillies - 2
Asafoetida (Hing) - 1/4 tsp
Curry leaves - few
1. Wash the beetroot, peel the skin and chop it into small pieces. You can also grate the beetroot and proceed.
2. Heat the oil in a pan or kadai and aplutter the mustard seeds. When it pops, add the urad dal, asafoetida, dry red chillies and curry leaves.
3. Next add the chopped beetroot and required salt.
4. Cover and cook on low flame and until soft. Sprinkle some water and stir in between to prevent it for getting burnt.
5. After about 5 minutes, the beetroot gets cooked. Add the sambhar powder and grated coconut.
6. Increase the flame, stir fry for a minute and switch off.
Note: Recipe information is posted by eknazar.com users.