|Submitted By: Simple Indian recipe|
| Region: Indian
|| Dish: Vegetarian - Breakfast/Tiffins/Snacks
Gram flour(Besan) - 1 1/2 cup
Sugar - 3-4 tsp
Oil - 1 tblsp
Citric acid - 1/2 tsp
soda-bi-carb( Baking Soda) - 1/2 tsp
Salt - to taste
Lemon juice - 3-4 drops
Oil - 1 tblsp
Cumin seeds - 1/4 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
Sesame seeds - 1/4 tsp
Asafoetida - a pinch
Curry leaves - 5-6
Water - 1/2 cup
Sugar - 1 tsp
Cilantro - for garnish
Grated coconut - for garnish
Sev - for garnish
1. Mix all the ingredients from batch I in a bowl with water enough to make a thick paste.
2. Blend it well with a hand blender or with hand.
3. Microwave on high for 3-4 minutes depending on the microwave power.
4. Let it rest for 2 minutes. Cut it into square pieces.
5. Tempering: Heat 1 tbsp oil. Add jeera(cumin), rai(mustard seeds), til(sesame seeds), hing(asafoetida) and karipatta(curry leaves). When it splutters add 1/2 cup water and 1 tsp sugar.
6. Pour this water slowly on dhokla pieces.
7. Garnish this with fresh coriander, shredded fresh coconut and sev. Serve with green chutney.
Dhokla is a traditional Gujarathi dish made with chikpea flour(besan). This can be made in the microwave very quickly. It is usually served with green chutney and had as a snack or a complete meal.
Note: Recipe information is posted by eknazar.com users.