|Submitted By: Simple Indian recipe|
| Region: Indian
|| Dish: Non Vegetarian - Chicken
Chicken - 1 lb (1/2 kg)
Onion - 1/2 ( diced in medium sized pieces)
Red Chilly powder - 1 tsp
Black Pepper powder - 1 tsp
Coriander/dhania powder - 2 tsp
Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
Garam masala powder -¼ tsp
Yogurt(curd) -2 tsp
Ginger garlic paste -1 tsp
Salt - to taste
Oil - 2 tsp
Coriander leaves - (for garnishing)
1. Wash and cut chicken in small pieces.
2. Take a bowl mix chilly powder, pepper powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, salt, garam masala, ginger garlic paste, yogurt and form a paste. Add the chicken pieces to this and rub at the masala on the chicken. Let this marinate for at least an hour in the refrigerator.
3. Now heat oil in a kadai and saute the chicken. Cover and cook it for 7 minutes or until it is thoroughly cooked.
4.Open the lid and fry on medium high flame for about 6 minutes or until all the water evaporates.
5. Add onions and fry for 2 more minutes.
6. Garnish with coriander leaves, split chillies and lemon or tomato slices .
This can be served with biriyani, curd rice, chapatti.
The juice of one lemon can be poured on top to enhance flavour.
Note: Recipe information is posted by eknazar.com users.