|Submitted By: eKnazar.com|
| Region: Indian
|| Dish: Vegetarian - Rotis
* 11/3 cup Flour (Maida)
* 1/4 tsp Salt
* 1/4 tsp Sugar (optional)
* 3 tbsp Melted Ghee
* 1/2 cup Warm Water or as needed
* Ghee for deep frying
* Blend the flour, salt and sugar in a large bowl. Rub the melted ghee into it and gradually using enough water to make a stiff but pliable dough.
* Cover the dough with damp cloth and set aside for 30 minutes.
* Knead dough a little again. Dough should be stiff enough to roll without extra flour.
* Make small balls of the dough and cover them with damp cloth.
* Take one ball of dough and dip a corner of ball in melted ghee or oil and roll it out into 5 to 6 inches round. Repeat the same process to roll out all pooris.
* Heat plenty of oil in a kadhai until very hot. Put in a luchi and immediately start flickering hot oil over the top of it with a spatula so that it will swell up like a ball.
* This should take only a few seconds. Flip the luchi over and cook the other side until golden brown.
* Serve hot with curries or vegetables.
Note: Recipe information is posted by eknazar.com users.