KESAR PULAO RECIPE
| Region: Indian
|| Dish: Vegetarian - Rice Items
1cup long grain (basmati) Rice
1cup Sugar (or according to taste)
3-4 Cardamom (green elaichi, split & crushed)
Few strands of Saffron (kesar)
11/2tbsp Mixed Dry fruits (Pista, cashewnut, almond)chopped
a Pinch of saffron (kesar)color dissolved in 2tsp warm water
2 tbsp pure ghee
1 tbsp mustard seeds
silver paper (varak)
Water for boiling rice.
* Wash soak and drain rice.
* Bring water to boil and add the rice and simmer the flame.
* When rice is half done add sugar (dissolved in little water) and ghee.
* When fully done add the saffron, cardamom, cloves and half of the dry fruit.
* Stir gently and cover for 10 minutes.
* Garnish it with remaining dry fruit and silver paper.
* Serve the kesar pulao fresh and hot.
Note: Recipe information is posted by eknazar.com users.