MISSI ROTI RECIPE
| Region: Indian
|| Dish: Vegetarian - Breakfast/Tiffins/Snacks
2 cups Whole Wheat Flour (atta)
2 cups Gram Flour (Beasn)
1 tsp Cumin Seeds (jeera)
2 tbsp Dry fenugreek leaves (kasoori methi)
Red chili powder to taste
Salt to taste
A pinch of turmeric powder
2 tbsp oil
Water to knead
* Mix Wheat flours gram flour, salt, chili powder, turmeric powder and mix well.
* Make powder of fenugreek leaves and mix it to the flour.
* Rub oil into the flour, slowly add water and make a soft dough and keep it covered with damp cloth for 30 minutes.
* Knead well again the dough and make balls.
* Roll into a slightly thick chapati than usual. Pre-heat the girdle (tawa) and cook the missi roti with or without oil.
* Note: It can also be cooked in an oven or tandoor.
Note: Recipe information is posted by eknazar.com users.