2 cups Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
2 cups Non-fat Dry Milk
2 tbsp Ghee
Sugar to taste
Cardamom (Elaichi) Crushed
1) Heat ghee in a skillet on medium heat.
2) Add Ricotta Cheese (Whole milk ricotta cheese allows for a nice texture in burfi)
3) Mix Ricotta Cheese with ghee for about a minute.
4) Add Non-fat Dry Milk and gently stir Non-fat Dry Milk in with Ricotta. Do not over mix.
5) Add sugar to taste to the mixture and mix. Do not overmix.
6) Pour this mixture into a large microwave save bowl
7) Place the bowl in the microwave for 2-3 minute increments for a total of approximately 10 minutes. The time depends on the power of your microwave. DO NOT put in for more than 3 minutes at a time.
8) Check burfi every 2-3 minutes to make sure there is no burning and mix well each time.
9) When done the burfi will have a nice texture and be slightly golden yellow in color.
10) Grease a large pan or plate (thaali) and place the mixture from the large bowl onto the pan/plate.
11) Gently spread the mixture in the plate to an even thickness.
12) Sprinkle on Cardamom (Elaichi), Almonds and Pistachios.
This is a very easy recipe. I make it all the time and it comes out great every single time. Just make sure to not over cook it in the microwave. So taste test often and you'll get the hang of it.
Write a Review & Share your thoughts with Other Customers.