1 cup sesame seeds
1 cup dry coconut
1 cup jaggery
Green cardamom powder – 1/4 tsp
Nutmeg powder –1/4 tsp
1. Roast the sesame seeds until golden brown.
2. Grind the sesame seeds to a coarse powder.
3. Heat the ghee and add jaggery with couple of tbsp of water until you get a thick syrup.
4. Grease (spread powdered sugar + powdered sesame+ grated coconut) a shallow plate to set the vadi in.
6. Spread mixture evenly onto the plate and garnish it with dry coconut. 7. Cut diamond shapes before it cools down. 8. Allow it to cool and set and enjoy.
The way this turns out depends a lot on what kind of jaggery you use. If you use less sticky one, it comes out better. Also, make sure your syrup is really thick before you add in the mixture otherwise it will stay moist and not harden enough.
Write a Review & Share your thoughts with Other Customers.